Sunday, October 21, 2012

Disney Princess Silhouettes

Well the weekend is over and the cowboys won FINALLY!!! Sometimes it's just depressing to watch them... I didn't get to watch the whole game because I had a baby shower to go to for my friend Kary. Kary is having a girl and is naming her Aurora -- yes after Sleeping Beauty. I love this name, I used to want to name my child this but both the hubby and my mommy said no and I wasn't in the mood to argue. But being that she's named after a Disney princess her nursery took on that theme. I had seen these silhouettes on Pinterest a while back and thought they'd be the perfect starting point for a gift.


I asked Kary who her three favorite disney princesses were and she chose Aurora (obviously), Belle, and Ariel. After looking around on the internet I found some really CUTE silhouettes from Isabel Talsma. This girl has all the different Disney princesses, princes and different movie characters including Jack and Sally from Nightmare before Christmas!!! I LOVE that movie!!! BONUS!!!




First, I cut them out


Then I traced them onto some scrapbook paper



I did some more cutting



And then I put them in some frames


Aren't they so cute and sophisticated? 

I don't know about you but I feel like certain theme rooms can get a little cheesy but I think this would be such a cute way to bring in a theme without the cheese. It makes me want to have a little disney princess room.

I must say I'm pretty proud of this project. It was easy, it turned out amazingly cute and only cost me $11. The frames were at Michaels on sale for a total of $8 and the paper made up the rest. 

***Make sure you check out Isabel's other designs by going to her Etsy shop HERE or her website HERE!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!

LoveYa

No comments:

Post a Comment