Sunday, September 30, 2012

Dr. Seuss Baby Shower

Last weekend I got to help my friend put together a baby shower. The momma-to-be chose a Dr. Seuss theme and thanks to Pinterest we had plenty of ideas.
First up was the invite.


We wanted it to have a lot of color and some of the Dr. Seuss characters. The Sneetches is my absolute favorite story so I had to put them in there!

After the invitation was sent out we got to work on the decor and again like the invite we made sure we had a lot of color!

Here are some photos from the day.


A bib chain was made to hang across the mantle. I found some Dr. Seuss alphabet cards at Target to dress up the bibs. The Dr. Seuss bags were also found at Target. I cut out over 300 circles to make the the chains that went around the entire room.


The Cat in the Hat was found on clearance at Michaels. One thing we wanted was to use books as decor and then give them to the momma to start a baby library. 


Here's the food table with some Dr. Seuss theme goodies.
Yink Pink Ink Drink
Truffala Seeds
Horton's Clovers
Poodles eating Noodles
Schlopp
Green Eggs & Ham
Cat in the Hat Kabobs
Thing 1 & Thing 2 cupcakes




Before the guests left they were to sign a note in the book Oh the Places you'll Go for the family to cherish forever.







It turned out to be a great success and was a lot of fun! Momma-to-be was very happy!!!

Hope yall enjoyed the party!!! 

LoveYa







3 comments:

  1. Awesome, loved how you did it. I am doing a Dr. Seuss theme for my daughter's baby shower can you email me I want to ask more detailed questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pictures from the shower, and decorations for the party look amazing. The food arrangement also seems wonderful, and it’s great to see that it was an enjoyable event. I also attended my sister’s baby shower last week at one of the popular venues in Chicago, and had a great time as well.

    ReplyDelete