Monday, September 10, 2012

Let's go to the beach, each -- Let's go get away!

Yes summer is over but...

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
- Dr. Seuss

We had a lot of fun this summer, we went on our first REAL vacation!!! Our son Zane had been wanting to go to the beach so we planned a trip to Galveston, Tx. We spent the first two days at the beach playing in the ocean and building sand castles.

Daddy & Chase playing
Mommy & Chase building sand castles
                 
                                                                   Zane being silly

To make sure that we never forgot our fun times I decided to make a DIY souvenir. We collected some shells and scooped up some sand from Galveston Beach. I decided I was going to put them in a jar but put it off for a while until I stopped by Michaels and found this little apothecary jar for $16.99.




 I imagined different apothecary jars featuring all our family adventures and was sold.

Here's our sand and shells in some McDonalds cups... classy I know.



Nothing complicated here of course.

























   After adding the sand and shells I got on the mean machine and made this



I printed it out and put it in the jar. Ta-Da!!!!


I love it!!! I can't wait to go on more family vacations!!!

LoveYa


No comments:

Post a Comment